NYPD officer fatally shot; fiance questioned
BAY SHORE, N.Y. — A New York City police officer was found shot to death early yesterday in the Bay Shore home she shared with her police officer fiance, according to Suffolk police.
Sonia Garcia, a mother and four-year veteran of the NYPD, was killed by a single gunshot to the chest sometime before 6 a.m. when Suffolk police responded to a 911 call. That call, police said, was made by Garcia's fiance, identified by NYPD sources as Alexis Chaparro, an NYPD academy teacher.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD officer fatally shot; fiance questioned
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms