'I'm doing great,' says Pa. officer who was shot in face
"I would go back tomorrow if I could," said Philadelphia rookie who was shot in the face with a shotgun.
By Barbara Boyer
The Philadelphia Inquirer
Related: Rookie Phila. officer shot in face during traffic stop
PHILADELPHIA — Police Officer Richard Decoatsworth, who took a shotgun blast in the face last week, left the hospital yesterday with bandages on his neck and chin, declaring that the injuries looked worse than they were and that he was "doing great."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend