Texas officer recounts being shot during pursuit
Mike Glen, Dina Capiello, Staff
The Houston Chronicle
Copyright 2006 The Houston Chronicle Publishing Company
All Rights Reserved
A Meadows Place police officer struck by gunfire Friday during a cross-county chase with a pair of carjacking suspects says that what happened to him was "the best of a bad situation."
The bullet that hit Sgt. Larry Eissler left his right arm a mass of bruises extending from shoulder to elbow but narrowly missed arteries, nerves and bones.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas officer recounts being shot during pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform