Ill. chief shot during traffic stop
By Nicholas J.C. Pistor
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ALORTON, Ill. — The Alorton police chief was shot during a struggle with a man after a traffic stop went bad on Tuesday afternoon, according to Illinois State Police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. chief shot during traffic stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house