Utah chase ends when suspect is bitten by his dog
The Associated Press
CEDAR CITY, Utah- A police pursuit ended when the suspect's dog - not happy about being bounced around in the car - bit its owner on the face.
The chase Monday went through a winding, bumpy dirt road about 5 miles (8 kilometers) northwest of Modena, said sheriff's detective Jody Edwards.
"Deputies could see the dog in the passenger seat getting slammed into the window," he said.
The dog, which is part pit bull, became so agitated "he bit his owner in the face," removing part of Galanis' nose, Edwards said. "And this is what ended the chase."
Galanis was taken to Valley View Medical Center before being booked into Iron County Jail. His dog was taken to a local animal shelter.
Galanis was held for investigation of supplying false information to police, receiving-possession of stolen property and theft.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms