Calif. police shoot, kill man they say tried to run them down
Delfin Vigil, Chronicle Staff Writer
The San Francisco Chronicle
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
San Francisco police fatally shot a suspected drug dealer Saturday after the man tried to run over two officers in the Mission District with a stolen car, a spokesman said Sunday.
Oliver Lefiti, a 37-year-old nightclub bouncer and resident of South San Francisco, died at San Francisco General Hospital early Sunday morning surrounded by his mother, brother, girlfriend and teenage son.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help