Nev. trooper kills fired, rampaging miner
Las Vegas Review-Journal
Copyright 2006 DR Partners d/b/a Las Vegas Review-Journal
All Rights Reserved
A recently fired miner was shot and killed late Friday after he commandeered a 70-ton dump truck and went on a rampage at an open-pit silica mine outside Overton, destroying equipment, igniting fires and causing millions of dollars in damage, police said.
The man was shot and killed by a Nevada Highway Patrol trooper as he rammed the mining vehicle into firetrucks from the Overton and Logandale volunteer fire departments, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Nev. trooper kills fired, rampaging miner
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police