Two Calif. officers shot and wounded during traffic stop
The Associated Press
OXNARD, Calif.- A 25-year-old man shot and wounded two police officers during a traffic stop early Saturday before being killed by one of the officers, authorities said.
Authorities said the suspect, identified as Edward Medina, stepped out of his car after being pulled over by the officers and opened fire.
"Somehow one of (the officers) was able to return fire despite being shot, and hit and killed the suspect," Keith said.
Medina died at the scene, he said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house