Police in Fla. fatally shoot man threatening people with metal saw
The Associated Press
White apparently began approaching officers and ignored orders to drop the weapon. That's when he was shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokeswoman wouldn't say how many officers were involved or how many times White was shot. Authorities don't believe he knew anyone he threatened. An investigation continues.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms