Three N.Y. cops shot during call
The Associated Press
NEW YORK- Three police officers were accidentally shot yesterday as one or more officers took aim at a pit bull attacking a member of their crew, police said. All were in stable condition.
The men had been responding to a dispute between a landlord and tenant when the animal ran from another floor and attacked one officer, police said. The dog was killed by the gunfire.
The four were admitted to Lincoln Medical Center hospital following the shooting.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman