N.M. police fatally shoot suspect in chase
By Joel Gay
The Albuquerque Tribune
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A chase at speeds over 100 mph through the West Side, Rio Rancho and the North Valley early this morning ended when an Albuquerque police officer shot and killed the man being chased.
Police spokesman John Walsh said four patrol cars were rammed as officers tried to stop the man, and that one officer was injured when his vehicle was hit.
The chase began around 1:30 a.m. on Coors Boulevard Northwest when an officer tried to pull over a red Chevrolet pickup truck that had no license plate, Walsh said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.M. police fatally shoot suspect in chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help