'Hot felon' released from Calif. prison, pursuing modeling career
The convict made headlines in 2014 when his mugshot went viral
By PoliceOne Staff
SACRAMENTO — The man made famous by his attractive mugshot was released from prison, KUTV reported.
Jeremy Meeks, whose mugshot exploded on the internet in 2014, landed himself a modeling contract and is now in a halfway house, the Federal Bureau of Prisons told the news site.
Meeks was sentenced to 27 months for being a felon in possession of a firearm.
At the time of his arrest, the Stockton Police Department told the Associated Press no other photo had garnered the level of positive attention Meeks’ mugshot had when the agency posted it on their Facebook page.
"I have not seen that many likes for a photo before," department spokesperson Officer Joseph Silva told AP at the time.
Meeks was one of four men arrested during a multiagency mission to curb shootings and robberies called “Operation Ceasefire.”
Silva called Meeks “one of the most violent criminals in the Stockton area.”
He hasn’t reported any modeling gigs on his Instagram, but said he was looking forward to spending time with family.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds