20-year-old N.J. cop candidate fatally shot
By Russell Ben-Ali
NEWARK, N.J. — A 20-year-old Newark police candidate died late Friday of gunshot wounds suffered during a scuffle with a teenager two days earlier at a home in Lyndhurst.
Jose Hall, the son of a Newark police officer, died at Hackensack University Medical Center where he had spent two days in the intensive care unit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 20-year-old N.J. cop candidate fatally shot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds