Wisc. police vehicle the target of gunfire; 2 officers wounded
By JOHN DOBBERSTEIN and JESSE GARZA
MILWAUKEE, Wis. —Two Milwaukee police officers were shot along with three other people Tuesday night within blocks of each other on the near south side, a police official said.
The injuries to the officers were not life-threatening, but two of the other three wounded were in critical condition late Tuesday, police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said.
The officers were taken to Froedtert Hospital, but their conditions were not available late Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert