Man faces death penalty in Tex. officer's death
The Houston Chronicle
FORT WORTH, Texas — A man who gunned down a police officer two years ago was convicted Tuesday of capital murder and now faces the death penalty.
Jurors deliberated four hours before convicting Stephen Lance Heard, 41, nearly two years to the day that Officer Hank Nava was shot in the head. He had gone with other officers to a mobile home looking for Heard, who was wanted for a parole violation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man faces death penalty in Tex. officer's death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests