Balt. officer shot; suspect killed
By Richard Irwin
BALTIMORE, Md. — A man was killed and a Baltimore police officer was shot in the leg yesterday evening during a shootout just south of the Orangeville Industrial Area in East Baltimore, police said.
About 10:30 p.m., members of the citywide SWAT team on routine patrol were among police searching for a man who, for no apparent reason, had abandoned a vehicle and was eluding officers, said acting Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Balt. officer shot; suspect killed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman