Balt. officer shot; suspect killed
By Richard Irwin
BALTIMORE, Md. — A man was killed and a Baltimore police officer was shot in the leg yesterday evening during a shootout just south of the Orangeville Industrial Area in East Baltimore, police said.
About 10:30 p.m., members of the citywide SWAT team on routine patrol were among police searching for a man who, for no apparent reason, had abandoned a vehicle and was eluding officers, said acting Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Balt. officer shot; suspect killed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests