Calif. drug stakeout ends in freeway gunfire
By Tony Perry
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
Watch related BluTube video Meth addict running down highway
SAN DIEGO, Calif. — Two people were killed and six wounded, including a state drug agent, during an incident Saturday night that began with the surveillance of two drug suspects and ended with a suspect running onto Interstate 805 and exchanging gunfire with San Diego police, officials said.
Lt. Kevin Rooney said the incident began when San Diego police responded to a call from agents of the state Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement. The agents had been watching two drug suspects when one suspect went into a home in the Corridor neighborhood and shot six people, one fatally, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. drug stakeout ends in freeway gunfire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds