Stolen car suspect rams police cruiser, Wash. officer shoots
The Associated Press
SPOKANE, Wash. — A police officer in north Spokane opened fire at a man who allegedly rammed his patrol cruiser with a car that had been reported stolen.
Police say three men got out of the car, but the driver threw the car into reverse, striking the officer's patrol car on Tuesday.
The officer, whose name was not immediately released, fired several times, striking the other car.
The driver was taken to a hospital. No information was immediately available about the nature and severity of his injuries.
The officer has been placed on routine paid administrative leave while the Spokane County Sheriff's Department investigates.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds