Minn. officer shot after responding to fight
By Nancy Yang
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — A police officer was shot in the ankle early today after responding to a fight in downtown Minneapolis. Another man was shot in the back, police said.
About 2:30 a.m., officers responded to a fight in a parking lot at Third Street North and Hennepin Avenue. As officers approached on foot, shots were fired by one of those involved in the fight, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. officer shot after responding to fight
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests