Minn. officer shot after responding to fight
By Nancy Yang
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — A police officer was shot in the ankle early today after responding to a fight in downtown Minneapolis. Another man was shot in the back, police said.
About 2:30 a.m., officers responded to a fight in a parking lot at Third Street North and Hennepin Avenue. As officers approached on foot, shots were fired by one of those involved in the fight, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. officer shot after responding to fight
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy