Fla. suspect fatally shot after trying to run over officers
Sentinel Staff Writer
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — A late-night encounter with Orange County deputy sheriffs turned deadly Monday for a man they say tried to run them over with a stolen vintage vehicle.
James E. Martin, 40, of Orlando, aimed the stolen 1964 Chevrolet Impala at Deputy Sgts. Luis A. Tabio and Jeff Freeman when they attempted to question him outside a gated condominium complex, the Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman