Mo. police chase of escaped man ends in fatal shooting
The Quincy Herald-Whig
HANNIBAL, Mo. — A Homewood, Ill., man was fatally wounded Saturday evening by a Marion County Sheriff's deputy after escaping from custody in Iowa City, Iowa, and leading Missouri officers on a chase through Palmyra and Hannibal that sent one trooper to the hospital.
The identity of the 27-year-old man is not being released pending notification of next of kin, said Sgt. Brent Bernhardt of the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help