Mo. police chase of escaped man ends in fatal shooting
The Quincy Herald-Whig
HANNIBAL, Mo. — A Homewood, Ill., man was fatally wounded Saturday evening by a Marion County Sheriff's deputy after escaping from custody in Iowa City, Iowa, and leading Missouri officers on a chase through Palmyra and Hannibal that sent one trooper to the hospital.
The identity of the 27-year-old man is not being released pending notification of next of kin, said Sgt. Brent Bernhardt of the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman