Armed Balt. suspect shot after struggle with officer
The Baltimore Sun
BALTIMORE, Md. — A man suspected of robbing an Upper Fells Point fast-food restaurant last night was shot by a city police officer during a struggle for the suspect's gun a few blocks from the robbery scene, a Police Department spokeswoman said.
Moments before the shooting, two other police officers were chasing the suspect on foot.
About 7 p.m., Southeastern District Officer Modesto A. Olivio Jr., a seven-year member of the force on patrol in his cruiser near the 1900 block of Gough St., saw the man being chased while keeping one hand in his waistband as if armed, said Officer Nicole Monroe, the spokeswoman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests