Mich. trooper, officer wounded in separate shootings
The Associated Press
CASCO TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Two Michigan law enforcement officers have been wounded in separate shootings.
A state trooper is in good condition after getting shot in the hand during a standoff in southwestern Michigan's Allegan County. Authorities had gotten word in the early morning hours that a young woman was being held against her will at a Casco Township home.
Troopers were met by gunfire after entering the home.
The Grand Rapids Press reports police have surrounded it, trying to negotiate with the gunman.
Meanwhile, a Detroit police officer has been taken to a hospital after getting shot in the elbow and hit with glass fragments. WXYZ-TV reports the officer was wounded early in the day after exchanging gunfire with a suspect, who fled on foot.
A police spokesman tells WWJ-AM the officer is expected to recover.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house