Ill. prosecutors don't want police investigating own shootings
By Eric Herman and Frank Main
The Chicago Sun-Times
COOK COUNTY, Ill. — Cops shouldn't investigate their own in police shootings, a top Cook County prosecutor said Tuesday.
First Assistant State's Attorney Robert Milan said he and State's Attorney Richard Devine are suggesting the creation of "shoot teams" responsible only for investigating police-involved shootings.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms