Va. officer shot behind church; saved by vest
By Mike Holtzclaw and Danielle Zielinski
James City Daily Press
JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. — A James City County police officer was shot early this morning but was spared from serious injury because he was wearing a bullet-proof vest.
Composite of suspect in shooting of a James City County police officer. (Photo courtesy of James City County Police Department / December 17, 2007)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. officer shot behind church; saved by vest
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman