2nd La. officer shot in two days
SHREVEPORT, La. - A spokeswoman for Shreveport police says a police officer who was shot answering a call about a possible prowler was in serious but stable condition this afternoon.
The officer's identity and details about his injuries were being withheld. He was taken to LSU Hospital.
Shreveport Police Department spokeswoman Kacee Hargrave says police were canvassing the area where the shooting occurred and that several people have been held for questioning.
The wounded officer was apparently alone at the time he was shot. He was found by another officer.
The shooting happened around noon in the south-central part of the city. .
The shooting in the northwestern Louisiana city happened a day after a police officer was killed in the line of duty across the state in New Orleans. The New Orleans officer was shot with her own gun as she tried to handcuff a man wanted for questioning in a rape. The man in the New Orleans shooting surrendered to police at the scene.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy