Miss. officers fatally shoot burglar
The Associated Press
FLOWOOD, Miss. — A man is dead after a Flowood police officer allegedly shot him while responding to a burglary call.
Jackson television station WAPT reported the shooting happened Sunday after officers responded to the Woods of Lakeland apartment complex about 9:30 p.m.
The station reported that officers were running after the suspect when they said he pulled a knife and charged the officers on Flowood Drive. That's when police officials said 1 of the officers allegedly shot and killed the suspect.
Neither the dead man's identity nor that of the officers has been released.
The station says the Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating the shooting.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house