Rookie Miami-Dade officer shot
BY David Ovalle
The Miami Herald
CUTLER RIDGE, Fla. — A rookie Miami-Dade police officer was shot and wounded in Cutler Ridge Sunday night and a suspect was in custody, authorities said.
The officer, Robert Gonzalez, 31, was airlifted to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he was in serious but stable condition, according to police spokesman Juan Villalba.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Rookie Miami-Dade officer shot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help