Fla. officer shot by drug suspect
By Adrian Uribarri and Stephen Hudak
The Orlando Sentinel
MOUNT DORA, Fla. — A drug suspect was shot and wounded Monday by a K-9 police officer who was returning gunfire during a foot chase that took place after an undercover drug buy, police said.
Kevin Lamont Armstrong, 19, was flown to Orlando Regional Medical Center. His injury was not thought to be life-threatening, said Mount Dora Police Chief Randy Scoggins.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer shot by drug suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy