Va. trooper shot serving warrant
By Greg Jordan
Bluefield Daily Telegraph
GLEN LYN, Va. — A manhunt was launched Friday after a Virginia State Trooper was shot and injured while pursuing a suspect in a multi-county crime spree.
Trooper R.W. Hughes was serving a felony warrant at 3:39 p.m. on a resident in the Glen Lyn, Va., area when he encountered a suspect wanted in several Virginia counties, said Sgt. Michael T. Conroy, a spokesman for Division IV of the Virginia State Police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. trooper shot serving warrant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy