Md. police fatally shoot man in gunbattle
BALTIMORE — A man who was shot during a gunbattle with city police officers in East Baltimore on Sunday night died yesterday morning, a Police Department spokesman said.
The man, whose identity was not released pending notification of relatives, was pronounced dead at an area hospital at 1:45 a.m., said the spokesman, Officer Troy Harris.
The man was shot about 10:15 p.m. when two members of a tactical unit responded to sounds of gunshots in the 3100 block of McElderry St. and saw two men shooting at each other. At least one officer fired at the gunmen with a .40-caliber Glock when they refused to drop their weapons, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. police fatally shoot man in gunbattle
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court