Calif. officers fatally shoot man trying to run them over
By Thomas Watkins
The Fresno Bee
INGLEWOOD, Calif. — The police chief Wednesday called the fatal shooting of an unarmed man "highly tragic" but said the officers who shot him may have been within policy.
Police Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks said department policy prohibits officers from shooting at moving cars, unless they believe their lives to be in immediate jeopardy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house