Calif. officers fatally shoot man trying to run them over
By Thomas Watkins
The Fresno Bee
INGLEWOOD, Calif. — The police chief Wednesday called the fatal shooting of an unarmed man "highly tragic" but said the officers who shot him may have been within policy.
Police Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks said department policy prohibits officers from shooting at moving cars, unless they believe their lives to be in immediate jeopardy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms