Ariz. officer on life support after pursuit shooting
Chief: Officer made 'ultimate sacrifice'
Tucson Citizen (Ariz.)
A Tucson police officer is on life support and not expected to live after a man allegedly shot him once in the head. Police Chief Richard Miranda said police Officer Erik Hite, 43, was "ambushed" Sunday after a cross-city pursuit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help