Hung jury in New Haven officer shooting
By Randall Beach
The New Haven Register
NEW HAVEN, Conn. — After three days of deliberation, jurors considering whether Arnold Bell should receive extended prison time for shooting police Officer Robert Fumiatti reported they were deadlocked at 3-3 Thursday afternoon and were dismissed by the judge.
The all-female jury sent Superior Court Judge Joseph Licari Jr. a note at about 3:30 p.m., telling him about the deadlock. Licari thanked them for their efforts and sent them home.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Hung jury in New Haven officer shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court