Man gets 17 years for shooting Minn. cop
An Oakdale man was sentenced to 17 years, and up to 26 years, for shooting an officer and another man at a Minneapolis bar.
By Rochelle Olson
The Minneapolis Star Tribune
OAKDALE, Minn. — An Oakdale man whom prosecutors call a serious criminal will spend at least 17 years in prison for the shooting of a Minneapolis police officer and another man during a bar closing incident in November.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man gets 17 years for shooting Minn. cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help