Miss. officer shot, in critical condition
By Nicklaus Lovelady
The Jackson Clarion-Ledger
JACKSON, Miss. — Jackson police officer DeWayne Collier was still inside his police cruiser when the shots rang out.
The Monday morning pursuit of two robbery suspects turned violent for the six-year veteran when police say the suspects opened fire and critically wounded Collier.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Miss. officer shot, in critical condition
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests