Retired NY Sgt. killed in apparent 'suicide-by-cop'
By Tanangachi Mfui and Alison Gendar
The Daily News
NEW YORK — A retired NYPD sergeant was shot and killed by an on-duty cop in Staten Island this morning after he repeatedly refused to drop his gun.
Sources identified the victim as Jason Aiello, a bodyguard of jewler Louis Antonelli, who was fatally shot in the borough in April.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help