Ohio officer fired for fatal shooting
By Joanne Huist Smith
The Dayton Daily News
DAYTON, Ohio — The president of the Dayton Unit of the NAACP commended Police Chief Richard Biehl for firing the rookie officer involved in the shooting of Ricky Moore.
Biehl discharged Officer Jack Brooks on Tuesday, July 29, due to unsatisfactory performance. City Manager Rashad Young approved the chief's recommendation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio officer fired for fatal shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds