Ohio officer fired for fatal shooting
By Joanne Huist Smith
The Dayton Daily News
DAYTON, Ohio — The president of the Dayton Unit of the NAACP commended Police Chief Richard Biehl for firing the rookie officer involved in the shooting of Ricky Moore.
Biehl discharged Officer Jack Brooks on Tuesday, July 29, due to unsatisfactory performance. City Manager Rashad Young approved the chief's recommendation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio officer fired for fatal shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms