Pa. man killed by off-duty sergeant
By Derrick Nunnally
The Philadelphia Inquirer
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Pa. — An off-duty SEPTA police sergeant shot and killed a neighbor Wednesday night in Perkiomen, and prosecutors were weighing the officer's claim of self-defense against a man known to have a long arrest record.
The slaying rocked their close-knit Montgomery County subdivision, where residents said the slain man had threatened several families on the otherwise peaceful cul-de-sac of two- and three-story houses in recent months.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. man killed by off-duty sergeant
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman