Tenn. officer won't be charged in shooting
By Hank Dudding
Memphis Commercial Appeal
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Memphis police officer has been cleared to return to duty after a fatal shooting near Memphis International Airport last week.
The Shelby County Attorney General’s Office ruled today there will be no criminal prosecution against officer Gerry Hampton based on facts to date, MPD spokeswoman Monique Martin wrote in an e-mail.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. officer won't be charged in shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help