Utah officer cleared in chase that ended in a suicide
By Steve Gehrke
The Salt Lake Tribune
SANDY, Utah — Police Officer Jason Nielsen was justified in firing his handgun during a chase that ended in a suicide in late May, according to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office.
The D.A.'s office said in a Tuesday morning news release that the shooting was an effort to prevent death or serious bodily injury to himself or others.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms