Utah officer cleared in chase that ended in a suicide
By Steve Gehrke
The Salt Lake Tribune
SANDY, Utah — Police Officer Jason Nielsen was justified in firing his handgun during a chase that ended in a suicide in late May, according to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office.
The D.A.'s office said in a Tuesday morning news release that the shooting was an effort to prevent death or serious bodily injury to himself or others.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Suspect Pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman