N.J. officer shoots man who tried to run him over
By Sharon Adarlo
NEWARK, N.J. — A Hoboken man fleeing police died yesterday, authorities said, after he was shot in the head by a Belleville officer he had just hit with his car.
Edwin Munoz, 22, died yesterday afternoon following a car chase that began in Belleville and ended in Newark, said Paul Loriquet, a spokesman for the Essex County Prosecutor's Office. A passenger in the car, Japhet Lopez, 25, of Newark, was uninjured and later was charged with attempted burglary, eluding police and resisting arrest.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house