NYPD cops hit with ricocheting gunfire aimed at dog
By Chuck Bennett and Larry Celona
New York Post
NEW YORK — Three NYPD officers and a civilian were injured by ricocheting bullets after cops opened fire on a pit bull in an Upper East Side housing project last night, police said.
The wild scene unfolded when six officers from the 19th Precinct and Manhattan North task force responded to a call of an assault with a gun in progress at the Stanley Isaacs Houses at 10:30 p.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds