Capitol police praised for recent shootings
By Emily Yehle
WASHINGTON — Before last Wednesday, it had been almost 11 years since a Capitol Police officer was forced to fire his gun on duty.
There have been a few close calls; in 2006, for example, a man ran into the Capitol carrying a gun before being caught by a few House employees.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Capitol police praised for recent shootings
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court