Details on standoff, N.M. deputy's death emerge
By Colleen Heild and Rozanna M. Martinez
SANDOVAL COUNTY, N.M. — Sandoval County sheriff's deputy Theresa Moriarty pleaded with neighbors to call for an ambulance after her partner was gravely wounded during an undercover stakeout in a Jemez Mountain cabin.
A 911 tape recording released by State Police late Friday shows neighbors across the road from the cabin called in the emergency at 4:40 a.m. on July 16.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Details on standoff, N.M. deputy's death emerge
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman