N.J. police defend tactics, release video of fatal shootout
By Michaelangelo Conte
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Devastated they lost one of their own and that four other police officers had been injured in the July 16 shootout on Reed Street with two suspected robbers, the last thing Jersey City police brass wanted to see on TV was an "expert" questioning their tactics.
But ABC-TV interviewed a police expert Wednesday night who suggested police could have waited out Hassian Hosendove and Amanda Anderson, the husband and wife team who had barricaded themselves inside a Reed Street apartment, after Hosendove had earlier unloaded several shotgun blasts on the street below.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman