N.J. police defend tactics, release video of fatal shootout
By Michaelangelo Conte
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Devastated they lost one of their own and that four other police officers had been injured in the July 16 shootout on Reed Street with two suspected robbers, the last thing Jersey City police brass wanted to see on TV was an "expert" questioning their tactics.
But ABC-TV interviewed a police expert Wednesday night who suggested police could have waited out Hassian Hosendove and Amanda Anderson, the husband and wife team who had barricaded themselves inside a Reed Street apartment, after Hosendove had earlier unloaded several shotgun blasts on the street below.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help