Agency will probe Ill. police shooting of suspect at day care center
CHICAGO — Cook County investigators and U.S. Justice Department mediators have headed to Rockford in a bid to restore public confidence after the recent fatal shooting of a 23-year-old man by two Rockford police officers.
In what could be a watershed moment for how the city handles such cases, the Cook County Public Integrity Task Force -- made up of Illinois State Police and Cook County state's attorney's office investigators -- is looking into the Aug. 24 death of Mark Anthony Barmore.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman