N.Y. officer accidentally shoots man while showing off gun
The (Westchester, N.Y.) Journal News
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — Eastchester police Officer James Pileggi was arraigned Wednesday afternoon in the fatal off-duty shooting of a New Rochelle man Tuesday night, and his lawyer afterward called it a tragic accident.
"This is a terrible tragedy," lawyer Angelo MacDonald said outside New Rochelle City Court, "but unfortunately an accident."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms