N.Y. officer accidentally shoots man while showing off gun
The (Westchester, N.Y.) Journal News
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — Eastchester police Officer James Pileggi was arraigned Wednesday afternoon in the fatal off-duty shooting of a New Rochelle man Tuesday night, and his lawyer afterward called it a tragic accident.
"This is a terrible tragedy," lawyer Angelo MacDonald said outside New Rochelle City Court, "but unfortunately an accident."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy