Vegas officer's fatal shooting of teen ruled justified
Las Vegas Review-Journal
LAS VEGAS — Las Vegas police officer Derek Colling faced a packed courtroom Friday and stoically explained his decision to shoot a 15-year-old boy in the head on Sept. 29.
Colling said the boy, who suffered from a mental disorder, left him with no other choice when he held a knife to his mother's throat and ignored commands to drop the weapon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police