Tenn. cops get training for dealing with angry animals
By Kevin McKenzie
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — When a police officer and a dog meet eye to eye, an officer trained in dog behavior knows what to look for and has planned ahead.
That gives the officer options and a comfort level that could save the canine from being shot.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house